Monday 23 January 2017

Of Mice and Miso: Pop Quiz

As a student of the Japanese language, I was about to face the ultimate test:

Domestic technology.

Upon entering the apartment, I noticed the room was cold enough to turn my genetalia into some form of limited edition skittle. The Japanese winters do tend to get nippy so make sure you have heating facilities before moving in.

Challenge 1: Heating

In the likely case you end up with one of these, here's a useful link that'll give you all the info you need to use the remote control:

https://harajukublog.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/japanese-heater-and-air-conditioner-kanji/


Challenge 2: Hot Water

Rather than the standard switch for the hot water tank, you're given one of these. Just press the blue button and hot water will instantly be available. Just remember to turn it off after using.


Challenge 3: Nope


Tried it once and I'm not exactly sure what happened.




Though the most astonishing thing I found, was the toilet's panel. As you may know, toilets here are very well equipped with cool effects.



Conclusion: Locals think that thorough anal hygiene is a bigger priority to westerners than laundry or standard heating.

Also, please note that when renting out an apartment, a pillow, sheet, and duvet are usually included.
A TOWEL IS NOT. Being new to the area, I'm not sure where one can buy a towel. Which is why I've been using a single t-shirt which I dry off, hang outside, and repeat.

                                     This t-shirt has seen angles no t-shirt should see


2 comments:

  1. Would be interesting to see how you managed to dry up with a frozen t shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep them coming! I love it!

    ReplyDelete